On 22 October 2011, following the International March for the Freedom of Oppressed Peoples and Minorities, the Committee for Freedom of Oppressed Peoples and Minorities was set up in Rome.
The Committee will have the function of:
- pursuing the objectives of the March before International Institutions
- organizing the 2012 March for Freedom of Oppressed People and Minorities.
At the moment the 2012 March should involve 6 cities, with the aim of further increasing the number European capitals engaged in this event in the years to come.
The President of the Committee is Ms. Rebiya Kadeer. The Vice Presidents are Mr.Vo Van Ai, President of Vietnam Committee on Human Rights, and Ms. Kalsang Dolker, President of the Tibetan Community in Italy.
Currently, other members of the Committee are:
- Mr. Giulio Giorello, Member of the Scientific Committee of Società Libera
- Mr. Martinho Lubango, Coordinator of the Liberal Forum for the Emancipation of Cabinda
- Mr. Costantino Meskhi, Representative of the Georgian Diaspora in Italy
- Mr. Naing Lin Aung, Member of the Burmese Community in Italy.
- Mr. Vincenzo Olita, Director of Società Libera.
- Ms. Alexandra Rosch, Representative of The Best Friend – Organization in Berlin for Human Rights in Burma
- Ms. Tran Dung Nghi, Public Relations officer of the Vietnamese Youth in Paris and temporarily representing the FPADH ( Fédération des Pays Asiatiques pour la Démocratie et les Droits de l’Homme, Federation of Asian Countries for Democracy and Human Rights), until the FPADH confirms its representative in the Committee.